Monday 27 April 2015

Pixels and paper April Challenge

 hi, what a great challenge this one is,
something with bikes, i thought,  oh yes, my friends and I drove to the Gold Coast last year and while we were having tea, i saw these cute bicycles and said to my friends , lets  go and have a ride the taxi ride( with bikes )  took us back to our car, which was several blocks away. we all had a fantastic time that day and evening.   we awesome foursome have great adventures last year and  hope to have more this year.

So, to start my layout, colours,  ummm, I know this is not new papers , but fairly old, but the colours are what i  was after , black  white and grey, These papers are from Kaiser and are from the   Extreme collection.

In my stash I have cogs, some of the cogs are from Finnabair - cogs and gears. So have painted some of the cogs with grey and blue with inks and the chain was a fluorescent aqua, here I  have painted it white,with Kaiser paint.

While drying, i found my cog stencil, also from Kaiser and with Adirondack acrylic paint dabber pearl, have dotted around the edges of the cogs.

I have placed the Kaiser paper onto Grey card stock and have distressed all the edges.

The mat behind the photo is Kaiser Garage Days along with the cycles under the title. Our bike ride,
The cycle in the bottom right hand corner is made of chipboard and bought that from my friend Sharon Pick  who also sells lovely charms.
then it was just a matter of assembling it all together,


 

3 comments:

  1. Great use of the bikes and gears. Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great memory - nice stencil work, and love the clustering of cogs & gears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fun and supercool page. Thank you for playing with our challenge at Pixels and Paper :)

    ReplyDelete